7 Days Bhutan Tour Itinerary
Trip Over View: 7 Days Bhutan Tour well crafted Bhutan Tour itinerary that offers the clients the opportunity to visit Farm House, Taste local food, and experience a hot stone bath. This tour takes in all the best sights and culture of Bhutan, it visits some stunning valleys and small villages allowing you to get up close and personal with the friendly and welcoming Bhutanese people and the stunning natural beauty of this country.
- Trip Duration: 6Nights and 7 Days Bhutan Tour Itinerary
- Tour Start and End: Paro Airport to Paro Airport.
- Trip Cost: US$ 2140 Per Person for the group of 2person.
- Meals: All Inclusive
- Tour Guide: Licensed Tour Guide.
- Flights: Druk Air or Bhutan Airlines
- Accommodation: 3-star Hotel Approved by TCB.
- Visit the stunning Tiger Nest Monastery.
- Visit the Architectural Dzongs and Monastery.
- Experience the Farm House and Hot Stone Bath.
- Visit the Fertility temple at Punakha.
- Simply Bhutan Museam
7 Days Bhutan Tour Itinerary Over view
- Day 01 Arrival at Paro International Airport at 2200m.
- Day 02 Thimphu City Tour at 2300m
- Day 03 Thimphu to Punakha at temperate zone 1242m.
- Day 04 Punakha to Phobjikha 3000m
- Day 05 Phobjikha to Paro- 6 Hour drive.
- Day 06 Paro Hike to Stunning Tiger Nest
- Day 07 Airport Drop
Day 01 Paro Arrival and drive to Thimphu (1 Hour drive-60Km)
Upon arrival at Paro airport drive to Thimphu. On the way you can visit the famous Bridge of“TachogLhakhang” (oldest bridge in Bhutan). The bridge was built by “Thangtong Gyalpo” the Tibetan Architect. The bridge is as old as 600 years crossing the Paro River and was traditionally rebuilt in 2005 after it was washed away by a flood in 1969.
Visit unique living museam the project aiming to conserve our culture and tradition. The uniqueness of this place is the structure. Built entirely reusing antique timbers, window frames, door frames, and other items from old traditional houses. Try out the Bhutanese national dress (Gho and kira) and also enjoy the traditional cultural dance of Bhutan. OverNight at Hotel
Day 02 Thimphu Tour
Today we will visit other places in Thimphu. Starting from National Memorial Chorten Built during 1974 in honor of our Late third king Jigme Dorji Wangchuk who passed away on July 21, 1972. Visit Royal Textile Academy & Museum: The academy was founded mainly to preserve and promote the living art of weaving, a significant part of our culture and tradition. Tashichho Dzong (‘’Fortress of Glorious Religion’’ 1641)The fortress is a Buddhist monastery located at the northern edge of Thimphu and has been the seat for the Royal Government of Bhutan since 1952 and houses the Throne Room. Overnight at Thimphu.
Day 03 Thimphu to Punakha
After an early breakfast, we will head towards Punakha via the famous Dochula pass. We stop for a while at Dochula. Enjoy the scenic views of Mount Jumolhari and other higher mountain ranges. After the break, we continue towards Punakha.
Hike to Chimi Lhakhang (The Temple of Fertility) Built by “Lama DrukpaKuenley”, the Devine madman (Lama – Monk). Visit Punakha Dzong Built in 1637 by the famous Saint “Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal”. Before Tashichho Dzong in Thimphu, this was the seat for the government of Bhutan until 1952. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 04 Punakha to Phobjikha
After a healthy breakfast, we will drive to the “Beautiful Valley of Phobjikha”. Drive to the Gangtay Gompa Monastery. Founded in 1613 by Prince “Pema Thinley”, the grandson of “PemaLingpa” (Greatest Treasure Hunter in the history of Bhutan). (Locals believe him to be the reincarnation of Pema Lingpa as well)
Rest of your day in leisure; explore the breathtaking valley of Phobjikha, home & famous for Black Necked Cranes during harsh winters. Some travelers just visit Bhutan to witness the cranes as it is very rare to spot the birds in other places. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 05 Phobjikha to Paro (200Km and takes about 5 hours)
Today we will continue our sightseeing around Paro. Visit Ta Dzong presently is the National Museum housing the religious relics, traditional arts, and handicrafts portraying the historical, cultural & religious past of Bhutan.
And just below Ta Dzong is the Rimpong Dzong. Housing the ancient paintings of “Milarepa” .After sightseeing drives back to your respective hotel/resort. Dinner and overnight at Paro.
Day 06 Paro Tiger Nest Hike
After early breakfast we will directly drive to Satsam Chorten, to hike the Tiger’s Nest. While hiking you will experience the beautiful pine forest of Paro, the trees festooned with Spanish moss, and an occasional grove of fluttering prayer flags along the way.
We take a break along the way at Taktsang Jakhang (Jakhang – Cafeteria) and continue hiking until we reach The Taktsang Monastery. This incredible structure clutches to the edge of a sheer rock cliff that dives down 900 meters into the valley below. The views are overwhelming and breathtaking for the first-timers. Legend has it that “Guru Padma Sambhava”, the mystic tantric who brought Buddhism to Bhutan in 747 AD, flew at this exact location on the back of a flying tiger. Dorji Drolo is said to be his favorite consort. (Dorji Dolo – The flying Tiger)
After the hike, we will take you to the farmhouse for a hot stone bath. Here you will experience the local lifestyle of Bhutanese people, enjoy the locally prepared meals, and opportunity to interact with the host. Dinner and overnight at Tshering Farmhouse.
Day 07 Paro to Airport and see off.
Your 7 Days Bhutan tour ends here. Our host will prepare the breakfast with butter tea and see you off. Our guide and driver will reach you to airport and fare you well.
Best Time to Visit Bhutan for this Tour
- All year round
- High Season: March-May and September-November
- Low Season: December-February and June-August
Frequently Asked Question about 7 Days Bhutan Tour
Is it possible to include a day Hike in this itinerary?
Yes it is possible. All places you visit in Bhutan have amazing hiking trails and recently many new hiking trails is introduced like the one in Thimphu called Kuenselphodrang Hike. It is just 1 hour hike in the morning and do normal tours in the afternoon.
How can i attend Festival in this tour?
Bhutan Festival donot happen all the time. There is particular date for all festival. The most popular festival of Paro happen in Spring time( March to May) and Thimphu Festival in October. If your date falls on this day you can witness the program.
How long Bhutan Visa take to process?
Bhutan Visa does not take long. Visa is only approved upon payment confirmation. Payment transfer may take some time and this may prolong your Visa process. Make sure payment is transferred on time.
Which airline fly into Bhutan?
Can i Travel Bhutan as a backpacker?
All Bhutan Tours are guided tour and it is mandatory to have guide. Backpacker tour is not encouraged in bhutan.
If i dont like the Hotel, what are the option?
The cost includes 3 star Hotel and if you dont like the hotel we can change to similar property but if you need upgrade we can do so upon paying extra cost for the upgradation.
Tour Cost US$ 2140.00
Tour Cost Inclusion
Tour Cost Exclusion
Why Book this 7 Days Bhutan Tour with us?
Start Chatting with our Experts
Make the Inquiry
Tour Cancellation Policy
- 100% Free Cancellation if it’s covid related.
- 90% refund for the tour cancelled before 45 days of arrival date, payment transfer charges will be charged.
- 60% refund for the tour cancelled between 30 to 45 days of arrival date.
- No refund for the tour cancelled less than 30 days after the arrival date and for the change of itinerary.
- However, you can choose to travel with us within 6 months under the same payment.
- If cancelled due to our border closure due to Covid 100% refundable but transfer charges will be applicable.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 15 business days.
- All applicable refunds will be done in traveler’s account.
Tour Booking Confirmation Policy
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking.
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking before confirmation and a full refund will be processed.
What to Carry during the Tour?
- 4 tank tops or t-shirts.
- 1-2 long sleeve shirts.
- 3 summer dresses.
- 2 pairs of shorts.
- 1 maxi skirt.
- 1 pair of flowy pants or boyfriend jeans.
- 1 linen onesie.
- 2 evening outfits.
- Sun Glass and Sunscreen for a sunny days.
- Small carry bag to carry essential things like water, charger or a quick snacks.
Hotels used for 7 Days Bhutan Tour
Hotel in Thimphu
Hotel Phunsho Pelri is a beautiful 3-star Hotel located right in the heart of Thimphu city with many touristic places at walkable distance. The hotel is fitted with all modern amenities. Read the Reviews
Hotel in Punakha
Hotel in Phobjikha
Dewachen Resort in Phobjikha is 4 star property built in Bhutanese architecture with local heating system fitted in all rooms. The hotels do not have TV which means you are completetly into natural beauty. Read the Hotel Reviews