8 Days Bhutan Cultural Tour
8 Days Bhutan Cultural Heritage Tours mostly focus on the heritage and rich culture of Bhutan. Our Bhutan trip plan for 8 days is designed to take you through the splendor of this country. The monasteries, stupas, and other religious monuments are scattered across the country. The people of Bhutan have drawn a rich culture from this heritage and made it the essence of our unique culture and identity.
- Tour Duration: 7 Nights and 8 Days
- Tour Guide: Licensed Tour Guide
- Meals: All Inclusive
- Transport: Private
- Tour Start and End: Paro to Paro
- Tour Cost: US$ 2490 Per Person.
- Discover the colorful Tradition and Culture of Bhutan.
- Enjoy the deep heritage tour.
- Explore the best of western Bhutan.
- Visit the majestic Punakha Dzong.
- Visit the highest Chelela Pass.
- Discover the remote Haa valley recently opened for tourism.
- Day 01: Arrival at Pari Airport (2300m)
- Day 02: Thimphu Tour (2200m)
- Day 03: Thimphu to Punakha ( 1242m)
- Day 04: Punakha to Gangtye (2800m)
- Day 05: Gangtey to Paro
- Day 06 Paro to Haa
- Day 07: Haa to Paro via Kili Goenpa Hike.
- Day 08: Drop to Airport.
Day 01 Arrival at Paro Airport
Arrive Paro and drive to Thimphu.
Your Guide from Tour Bhutan will receive you at the airport and drive you the short distance to the hotel. After Tea, drive to the ruins of the Drukgyal Dzong 16 km up the valley built in 1647 by the great Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal, father, and unifier of medieval Bhutan, the dzong was destroyed by accidental fire and left in ruins as an evocative reminder of the great victories it was built to commemorate. Explore the ramparts and on a clear day experience an unforgettable view of Mt. Jhomolhari (7,314 m). On the way back, visit Kichu Lhakhang, built-in 659 A.D by the Tibetan king Srongsen Gampo. Dinner and overnight in Hotel.
Day 02 Thimphu Tour
- Distance: 60Km from Paro to Thimphu.
- Driving Time: 1 Hour
- Altitude: 2200m
Thimphu falls in western Bhutan.
The day begins with a visit to the National Memorial Chorten (1974) built-in honor of our late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk and the Dupthop Lhakhang one of the few surviving nunneries in Bhutan. We then visit the National Library, stocked with ancient Buddhist manuscripts, and the Painting School where traditional art is still kept alive through instructions in the art of painting Thangkas (sacred Buddhist religious scrolls).
After lunch we drive to the Traditional Medicine Institute where medicines are prepared according to ancient practices and to Lungtenzampa to observe the Royal silver smiths and Bhutanese paper factory at work. Other highlights include a visit to the Tashichho Dzong, the seat of the national government, and the Central Monastic Body, including the summer residence of the Je Khenpo (Chief Abbot of Bhutan). Visit weekend market in Thimphu where you get organic fruits and vegetable. people from all around Bhutan come here to sell their product.
Over night in Hotel.
Day 03 Thimphu to Punakha Tour
- Distance: 80Km from Thimphu to Punakha
- Driving Time: 2.5 Hour
- Max Altitude: 3200m at Dochula Pass and Punakha is 1242m.
- Over Night: at Punakha
Punakha is the old capital of Bhutan. After breakfast visit Tashichho Dzong (Fortress of the Glorious Religion), built-in 1641 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal and reconstructed in 1961 by the Late King, His Majesty King Jigme Dorji Wang chuck, who is regarded as the Father of Modern Bhutan.
Then, drive to Punakha via Dochula pass. If the weather is clear, we stop for a while at Dochula pass to view Higher Himalayas. While in Punakha, visit Punakha Dzong built in 1637 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal and is situated between Pho Chu (Male River) and Mo Chu (Female River). For many years until the time of the second king, it served as the seat of the Government. The war materials captured during the battle with Tibetans are preserved here. Punakha is still the winter residence of Je-Khenpo and King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk convened the new national Assembly here in 1952. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 04 Punakha to Gangtey Tour
- Distance: 80Km from Punakha to Gangtey.
- Driving Time: 2.5 Hour
- Altitude: 2800m
While in Gangtey, visit Gangtey Gompa. Gyaltse Pema Thinley, the grandson and mind reincarnation of Pema Lingpa founded the Temple in 1613, and Tenzin Legpai Dhendup, the second re-incarnation, built the temple. The present Abbot, Kunzang Pema Namgyal is the ninth re-incarnation. It is a Nyingmapa monastery and is affiliated with other Nyingmapa monasteries including Tamshing in Bumthang. Explore Phobjikha valley, famous for the Black Necked Cranes during winter. Packed lunch will be served at Gangtey. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 05 Gangtey to Paro Tour
- Distance: 190Km from Paro to Thimphu.
- Driving Time: 5 Hours
- Altitude: 2300m at Paro
Paro tour includes a visit to Ta Dzong (built in 1656 and renovated in 1968), an ancient watchtower, which now houses the National Museum. Below the museum is the Paro Rimpung Dzong (literally meaning “Heap of Jewels”, built in 1646 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal, the center of civil and religious authority in this valley. A short walk takes you to the base of the dzong and across a traditional cantilevered, covered bridge. In the evening, drive to Thimphu. Dinner and overnight in Hotel.
Day 06 Paro to Haa Tour
- Distance: 80 km from Paro to Haa.
- Driving Time: 2 Hours
- Altitude: 2700m
Haa Tour. Drive to Haa via Chelela Pass. The pass offers the best view of both Haa and Paro valley.
Haa District is one of the 20 dzongkhag or districts comprising Bhutan. As Per the 2017 census, the population of Haa dzongkhag was 13,655 in 2,952 households making it the second least populated dzongkhag in Bhutan after Gasa. The dominant language of the district is Dzongkha, the national language. Haa opened its place for tourists only in
Day 07 Haa to Paro via Kili Goenpa Hike
- Distance: 80Km from Haa to Paro.
- Driving Time: 2.5 Hour
- Max Altitude: 4200m at Chelela Pass.
- Chelela to Kiligoenpa Hike time: 2 Hours
Hike the most beautiful Kiligoenpa monastery starting from Bhutan’s Highest road point Chelela (4200M) towards Paro.
Day 08 See Off.
Your 8 Days Bhutan Cultural Tour ends here with our guide and driver seeing you off. Depart Home
Tour Cost Starts fromUS$ 2490.00 PP
Tour Cost Inclusion
Tour Cost Exclusion
Why Book this Tour with Us?
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-30 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, a cash refund will not be applicable for the same.
- Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
- More than 90 days prior to arrival date in Bhutan: no penalty.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 15 business days
Climate and Weather Condition
Bhutan’s climate is diverse due to dramatic variations in elevation. The Duars Plain tends to be hot and humid; the Lesser Himalayas region is often cooler; while the areas in the Greater Himalayas are closest to that of the alpine tundra.
Dos and Dons
- Normally, taking photos is forbidden in the monastery. If you want to take photos of Bhutanese pilgrims, a gentle ask of permission would be appreciated or you can do it from a long distance.
- Do not talk about sensitive topics like politics; Walk clockwise around temples and stupa.
- Never venture into the unknown trails; do as much as you can to protect the fragile ecosystem in Bhutan.
Talk to our Experts
Hotels Used for the Tour
Hotel in Paro
Hotel in Thimphu
Jumolhari Boutique Hotel is centrally located inThimphu city. It is 200m near clock tower, 500 m near popular changlimithang stadium and mojo park.
Hotel in Punakha
Hotel Vara is nice 3 star hotel over looking punakha valley. The rooms offers best view of paddy field, local markets and strrets of lobesa valley.
Hotel in Gangtey
Dewachen Hotel and Spa is the only best 3 star hotel in Phobjikha with large room fitted with Bukhari(firewood heater) to heat the rooms. The room doesnot have TV but offers the best view of Phobjikha valley.
Farmhouse in Haa
Ugyen Farm House in haa is TCB approved farm house for tourist to stay in Haa. They offer the unique haa speciality called hoentay(barley momo) and medicinal hotstone bath.