Jumolhari Mountain Festival
Jomolhari Mountain Festival was recently introduced as a tourism product. The festival takes place at the base of the Jomolhari Mountains. The Festival offers many exciting programs, Dance, and unique experiences. Jomolhari Mountain Festival is an exquisitely themed two-day event celebrated at the base of Mt. Jumolhari by communities located along one of the most scenic trekking routes in Bhutan. The festival celebrates the culture of the communities living together with the natural wonders that surround them: one, in particular, is the elusive, yet elegant, snow leopard! This endangered cat thrives in the region; several camera trap photos and definite signs have established the region as one of the best snow leopard habitats in Bhutan.
Jumolhari Mountain Festival Trip Fact
- Trip Duration: 10 Nights and 11 Days Tour
- Trip Guide: Licensed Tour Guide
- Festival Tour Cost: US$ 3990 per person.
- Meals: All Inclusive
- Transport: Private
- Route: 3Night Paro, 2 Night Shana Camping ,1 Night Thathangka camping and 2 Nights at Jangothang Camping.
- Tentative Festival Dates in October 2022/23.
Trip Highlight of Jumolhari Mountain Festival
- Enjoy the Religious Dance of Guru in different forms.
- Get the Photoshoot at the Festival.
- Converse with locals.
- Get the opportunity to mingle with tribal people of Laya.
- Enjoy watching Blue sheep and Takins around the Mountains.
Jumolhari Mountain Festival Trip Outline
- Day 01: Arrival at Paro International airport and drive to Hotel
- Day 02: Paro Tiger Nest Hike
- Day 03: Paro to Drugyel Dzong and the start of the Trek
- Day 04: Shana to Thathangka
- Day 05: Thathangka to Jangothang
- Day 06: Jangothang Halt and attend Jomolhari Mountain Festival
- Day 07: Attend Festival.
- Day 08 Jangothang to Shana.
- Day 09: Shana to Paro
- Day 10: Paro full day Rest and local sightseeing.
- Day 11: Paro to airport drop
Detail Tour Program for Mountain Festival at Jumolhari
Day 01 Arrival at Airport
Arrival at Airport in Paro City. Flights to Bhutan from any destination is one of the most amazing and scenic mountain flights enjoyed by people visiting Bhutan. Upon landing once the airhostess open the door fresh mountain air will greet you and refresh your eyes with views of village and mountains around. Visa process doesnot take much time, upon completion our team will assist you out of the airport and take you for Paro city tour. The tour includes sights like Drugyel Dzong, 6th century Kichu temple and evening at Hotel.
Day 02 Paro Tiger Nest Hike
Do the Paro Tiger Nest Hike. Your whole day will be complete upon finishing the trek to this amazing Tiger Nest temple. In the afternoon if time permits we will take you to Taa dzong the only museum in Bhutan. The museam has many artifacts that dates back to first King of Bhutan and other historical facts.
Day 03 Paro to Shana
Today we start our trek from Drugyel dzong to Shana.Our trek to Shana starts at Drukgyal Dzong following the Paro river and we pass cultivated fields and tiny picturesque villages. The forests are alive with numerous birds and brightly coloured butterflies. Overnight at camp Shana. Altitude 2,820 m; Distance 14 Km; Time 5 – 6 hours.
Day 04 Shana to Thathangka
Day 05 Thathangka to Jangothang
Today we start from Thathangka.
In the morning after passing a small army post, the trail slowly leaves the forest line and gradually climbs into a beautiful valley, passing Tegethang, a winter home of yak herdsmen. Lunch will be served in one of these huts. Lots of yaks will be seen today before we arrive at the Jhomolhari base camp (4,115 m). High mountains overlook the camp and visible nearby are the ruins of an old fortress used to guard Bhutan against Tibetan invasions. Altitude 4,115 m; Distance 15 Km; Time 5 – 6 hours.
Day 06 Jangothang Halt and attend Jumolhari Mountain festival
Enjoy the beautiful view of Jumolhari mountain. Relax and enjoy the day. One, in particular, is the elusive, yet elegant, snow leopard! This endangered cat thrives in the region; several camera trap photos and definite signs have established the region as one of the best snow leopard habitats in Bhutan.
Day 07 Jumolhari Mountain Festival
Attend the whole day mountain festival. There will be mask dance, people from Government office, community and locals residing nearby.
Day 08 Jangothang to Shana.
Start early as we have 8 hours of strenuous walk from Jangothang to Shana.
Day 09 Shana to Paro
It’s 4 hours walk from Shana to Drugyel Dzong. Our team will be waiting by car to receive you from the road point and drive you to Hotel in Paro.
Day 10 Paro full day Rest
Today we will go on a city tour. Visit the farm house, weekend market, handicarft shop and in the evening Hotstone bath.
Day 11 Airport Drop
Your Bhutan Tour ends here today. Our team will escort you to the airport and see you off. Its always better to reach airport 3 hours prior to departure to avoid any last minute changes.
What is Included in the Cost?
- All meals as per the itinerary.
- All camping equipment.
- Sleeping tent.
- Cooks and Guide during the Trek.
- Porter and Pony Cost.
- All entrance fees for temples and Dzongs.
- 3 meals a day,
- service of cook & Helper,
- Trekking guide, Sleeping Tent,
- Mess Tent, Kitchen Tent & Toilet Tent,
- Ponies to carry supplies,
- We will provide you with sleeping mats but you have to bring your own sleeping bags.
What is Not Included in the Cost?
- Insurance Premiums.
- International and Domestic Flight Tickets.
- Any bills of personal nature.