Trongsa Tshechu Journey
Trongsa Tshechu Journey. Sacred and temporal heart of the Kingdom, the Trongsa District has a significant place in Bhutanese history connected with the lineage of Bhutan’s King. This importance of the region is reflected today in the fact that the future King of Bhutanmust first is instituted as the Trongsa Penlop before assuming the Throne. Trongsa Tshechu(Festival) is held inside the vast Trongsa Dzong and is the oldest Tshechu in bhutan. Ut is believed that all Tshechu dance and Unfurling of Thiongdrel spread from Trongsa.
- Trip Name: Trongsa Tshechu Journey
- Trip Duration: 7 Nights and 8 days Trongsa Festival Tour.
- Trip Cost: US$ 1300 Per Person.
- Trip Guide: Licensed Tour Guide
- Trip Type: Cultural and Festival Tour
- Meals: All Included in the Cost.
- Accommodation: 3 Star Hotels approved by TCB.
- Tour Activity: Mild hike, Culture Exploration, Monumental visit, and Festival.
- Transport: Private Car.
- Festival Date: 31st December to 1st January 2023
Trip Highlight of Trongsa Festival Tour
- Visit the Palace of the Kings of Bhutan.
- Enjoy the Mountain Flights.
- Visit the Tag Rimochen Monastery(Tiger Strip Monastery) in Bumthang.
- Hike the khamsum Yulley Namgyel monastery.
- Enjoy the nightlife of Thimphu.
Outline Itinerary for Trongsa Tshechu Journey
- Day 01: Paro Arrival.
- Day 02: Paro Tiger Nest Hike.
- Day 03: Paro to Bumthang by Flight
- Day 04: Bumthang city tour
- Day 05: Bumthang to Trongsa and attend Trongsa Festival.
- Day 06: Trongsa to Punakha.
- Day 07: Punakha to Thimphu Tour.
- Day 08: Thimphu to Paro and see off.
Detail Tour Program
Day 01 Paro Airport to Thimphu
Arrival Paro. Paro is a cultural valley of Bhutan and the city stretches just about 500m. One can complete touring Paro city within 30 minutes. Upon arrival at Paro airport, our team from Tour Bhutan will assist you out of the airport and drive you to Thimphu. Thimphu is about a 1-hour drive from Airport. After 30 minutes of drive, you reach Chuzom where two rivers from Paro and Thimphu meet. You can see three small temples built on the meeting point. the temple is built with three different styles Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan. Further drive to Thimphu, you will be greeted with 4 lane smooth road that leads to Thimphu city. In Thimphu you can visit memorial Chorten, Folk heritage museum, and 13th arts and craft School. Overnight at Hotel
Day 02 Paro Tiger Nest Hike
Tiger Nest Temple Hike. It is 3 hours hike and covers about 12 Km from the base camp to the Temple. The temple is very popular in Bhutan and is a must-visit site in Bhutan. The temple is built in a sheer rock 900m above Paro valley by Guru Rinpoche who visited Bhutan in the 6th century. The name Tiger Nest Temple was because of Saint Guru who flew from Tibet on the back of a tigress and meditated here inside the cave. The temple is very important for locals.
Day 03 Paro to Batpalathang airport Bumthang.
Paro to Batpalathng domestic airport in Bumthang. The flight time takes about 25 minutes from Paro. If the weather is clear you can see witness the four Dzongs of Bhutan and central valley that most tourists love to visit in Bhutan. Our team will receive you at the airport and drive you along with Bumthang city. Visit Jakar Dzong which was initially built as a monastery but later converted to Dzong. Scenically located on the crest of a hill spur, it overlooks the Choekor valley.
Visit Kurjey Lhakhang, ‘Kur’ means body and ‘jey’ means print, it is here Guru meditated when he first came to Bhutan leaving his body imprint while meditating. The story behind this event is as remarkable as any you will come across in the country and marks the first stage in the establishment of the Buddhist faith in Bhutan. OverNight at Hotel
Day 04 Bumthang City Tour
Visit Ta Remochen monastery. A cliff with the impression of tiger stripes. The temple is commonly located near Tang School and two hours drive from Chamkhar town. Upon reaching there you can see the majestic cliff where there are lots of imprints left by Guru, his consort Ysehi Tshogyel and the important legends. These is a few wonders you can see at Ta Remochen.
- Tiger Stripes on rocky Cliff.
- Footprints of the 8-year-old daughter, the “Lotus Princess” of King Thrisong Rinpoche.
- The bathing tub of Guru Rinpoche.
- Imprints of Guru and his favorite consort, Yeshey Tshogyel in an embrace during an epic bout of tantric loving.
- Hand Prints and footprints of the Guru and his consort Yeshi Tshogyel on the cliff face.
- Two large rocks represent male and female Jachung.
Upon the sightseeing, we will also visit the burning lake and kichu Lhakhang in the afternoon if time permits. Like i said Bumthang is the cultural capital of Bhutan and you need atleast 4 days to finish all cultural and religious sites.
Day 05 Bumthang to Trongsa and attend Trongsa Festival
Drive to Trongsa and attend Trongsa Festival. Trongsa festival is believed to have been the oldest festival in the Kingdom. All Mask dance and unfurling of large Painting of saints began from here in Trongsa. The first festival in Bhutan was held here in Trongsa and later flourished to other regions of Bhutan. The Dzong also plays a vital role in crowning the Prince. Before actually becoming the King the Crown prince have to become Trongsa Penlop (Governor of Trongsa) for some time and is crowned as the King.
Day 06 Trongsa to Punakha
Visit Punakha Dzong. Punakha is 2 hours journey from Trongsa and Punakha played the vital role in appointing the first King of Bhutan. It was in Punakha Dzong, the monk body and people of Bhutan saw the first King of Bhutan being crowned after decades of conflict between penlops and local leader. In the afternoon visit longest suspension bridge that connects beautiful village with Dzong and if time permit we will also walk around the Bajo twon. Over night at Hotel.
Day 07 Punakha to Thimphu
We start early today as we have many sites to cover in Thimphu. Thimphu being the capital city we want you to know more time to understand the overall Bhutanese life style in this small Himalayan Kingdom. In thimphu visit National library built in 1960 to preserve the literary treasures of the Kingdom. The library has the vast collection that includes thousand of monuscripts and ancinet text of Bhutan along with other foreign books. The largest Book of Bhutan is also on display.
In the afternoon visit the Weekend Market biggest market in the Country operating from Thursday till sunday. Variety of food product from all over Bhutan is brough here for trading. Local arts and crafts are also sold here.
Visit Textile and Folk heriatge Museam and both opened in 2001 and dedicated to traditions and lifestyle of Bhutanese. Textile museam beautifully displays the garmenst from the 1600 upto the present day, the folk heraiteg museam delves into portraying the daily life of the rural folks and allows you to examine traditional Bhutanses House.
Day 08 Thimphu to Paro Airport and See Off.
Trongsa Festival Tour ends here today. Our Guide will assist you to the airport and see you off. It’s always better to reach the airport 3 hours prior to departure. Usually, Paro airport is not crowded like any other International airport but its adviced to reach on time. Goodbye and Tashi Delek.
Tour Cost Inclusion
- Airport Pick and Drop.
- English Speaking Guide.
- Transportation within the Country.
- Licensed Guide.
- 3 Star Hotel Accommodation.
- All entrance fees in Temples and Monuments.
- All meals including evening tea and Coffee.
Tour Cost Exclusion
- Insurance Premiums.
- Bills of personal nature like laundry, alcoholic drinks, etc.
- Flight Tickets for both International and Domestic.
- Any extra cost incurred due to political reasons or natural calamities.
Book This Trip
Similar Festival Tours
Accommodation Used For The Tour
Jumolhari Boutique Hotel
Only 4-star Resorts in Bumthang. Yugharling Hotel is the only 4-star Hotel in Bumthang cultural capital of Bhutan. The hotel is designed in pure Bhutanese architecture and locally available materials. Read the Reviews.